About the Annual Summit of the Sustainable Business Leadership Forum
Instituted by Sustainability Outlook, the Sustainable Business Leadership Forum is a unique market development forum connecting thought leadership, business know-how and catalytic tools for enabling corporate transition towards sustainable business practices.
The 2012 Sustainable Business Leadership Forum Annual Summit “Moving from operating defensively to capturing advantage” focuses exclusively on the near-term compliance needs faced by Indian corporates and presents ways in which responses to these needs can be shaped to usher in strategic change and unlock new value for the firms. The summit is uniquely structured to catalyze the transition of businesses and help firms emerge stronger, leaner and more relevant in the emerging market landscape.
The summit assists firms in addressing questions like:
• How would the upcoming compliance requirements affect Indian businesses in the short and long term?
• Can compliance be turned into an opportunity? Where is the hidden / latent opportunity in the upcoming compliance obligations?
• Who pays for the sustainability interventions and how do firms recover on their investments?
• Does the anticipated change need a whole systemic revamp to drive the change or can innovative rethinking of business strategy help shape both business and environmental sustainability?
• What should be the organizational design for making a company’s operations sustainable?
• What role do (or would) consumers play in influencing the sustainability decisions for businesses?
• What is (and will be) the role of non-financial metrics in measuring business performance? How can such disclosure be leveraged by the firms?
The summit sessions will help deliver on the above through:
1. Identification of hot spots emerging from the compliance requirements and business disruption potential
2. Showcase of solutions allowing to address the same
3. Shaping linkages between innovative technology, finance and solution providers and application areas through targeted sessions and one-to-one meetings
4. Capacity building of Indian firms to enable fast tracking of sustainability transition of companies
Date : October 11, 2012
Location: Shangri-La’s Eros Hotel, New Delhi
Earlybird registration closes Sept 4th!