Have a business idea or a cause you’re passionate about and looking for like-hearted people to collaborate?
Startup Weekend is a 54-hour event where developers, designers, marketers, product managers and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, form teams, build products, and launch startups!
It is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over 1,000 past events in over 400 cities around the world.
Go from an idea to customer validation + prototype + team + mentors in 54 hours
All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model:
- Everyone who has an idea is most welcome to pitch them on Friday evening.
- Teams are formed organically around the top ideas(determined by popular vote).
- Teams then go ahead and brainstorm, perform market validation, if applicable step out and do some customer interviews to know what they want, build surveys and float it around, create a business model based on customer/market feedback/requirements, design, code and build a prototype.
- As the teams work on the above activities, they also receive mentoring and feedback from experienced entrepreneurs
- These teams then demo the prototypes and pitch their ideas to a panel of entrepreneurs and angel investors on Sunday night.
- While 3 winning teams will walk away with some cool prizes, each and every participant will go back with a memorable learning experience and new friends.
Want to learn more? Click here