The EVPA Annual Conference is the premier event in venture philanthropy and social investment.
Since its first Annual Conference in Amsterdam in 2004, the event has increased in size and scope now bringing together more than 400 participants each year. To learn more about previous conferences, have a look at our past conferences.
This year the event looks at recent challenges that the sector faces with the theme of the conference being “Backing the change-makers in a time of uncertainty: can we do more?” The two-day conference will provide the opportunity to both experienced VP practitioners and newcomers to share tips and tools from the sector, discuss hot topics, and hear from the experiences of other social investors. Find out more about the programme here.
EVPA is delighted to host its Annual Conference for the first time in Ireland. The vibrant city of Dublin not only has a rich cultural heritage. It is also facing economical difficulties and a time of uncertainty, making it a great background to this year’s conference theme.
This year’s conference will exclusively include site visits to a number of Dublin-based social entrepreneurs. Delegates will have the possibility to look behind the scenes of experienced social entrepreneurs, learn from their great work and share personal knowledge.
The venue for the conference is Ireland’s historic Croke Park – home to Ireland’s national sport Gaelic football and Hurling. There will also be a number of networking and social events with an exclusive reception in the Dining Hall of Dublin’s famous Trinity College.
– Meet, debate and share experiences with colleagues and new friends
– Find co-funders and co-investors
– Find new deals
– Learn the tips of the trade or share yours
– Get on top of industry trends and new developments
– Choose between over 20 small group sessions, as well as several plenary sessions with keynote speakers
– Hear from keynote speakers such as Mary Robinson, ex UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and Johan Andresen of Ferd Social Entrpreneurs.
Who should attend?
– social investors to share best practices and learn from peers
– donors and grant-making foundations who would like to learn more about how to use venture philanthropy instruments
– private equity organisations, advisory firms, and financial institutions
– academic institutions to learn first hand from practitioners and share their research
There will also be some selected social entrepreneurs. Please note however, that the conference has a strict no-pitching policy. Any participant breaching this policy will be expelled from the conference.
Would you like to learn more about EVPA and how to join the association?