Founded in 2007, Educate Girls (EG) is a non-governmental organization that holistically tackles issues at the root of gender inequality in India’s educational system. By leveraging the government’s existing investment in schools, Educate Girls delivers measurable results to a large number of beneficiaries by focusing on enrollment, retention and learning of children.
Educate Girls is registered as a non-profit under Section 8 of the Indian Companies Act in India and as a 501c3 organization in the United States. We have a management and outreach office in Mumbai and international offices in the United States and United Kingdom. Our programmatic interventions reach over 12,500 schools across 8,000 villages in India. Over 1,100 paid employees and over 7,000 community volunteers operate from Educate Girls’ 12 offices in India.
We are currently looking for a Senior Development Manager to join Educate Girls’ international team. Educate Girls is going through a phase of phenomenal growth and over the next 2 years will expand to 16 educationally backward districts in India thereby reaching around 30,000 schools across 16,000 villages in India. We are also evaluating forays into the secondary (high-school) education space and a potential international expansion as well. The Senior Development Manager will work closely with the Leadership to establish Educate Girls’ profile in the United States and support with fund-raising to fuel Educate Girls’ rapid growth.
The Senior Development Manager will be responsible for following key areas:
Reporting to the Development Director and Executive Director based in India, the Senior Development Manager, serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Educate Girls’ fund-raising in the United States. In partnership with the Development Director, this position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities in the United States.
While Educate Girls has funding partnerships across the world (including the United States), we are keen to expand our footprint in the United States. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Educate Girls’ visibility, impact, and financial resources. S/he also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
S/he will have primary responsibility of solicitation of major grants from institutional and individual funders, host special events, and facilitate corporate and foundation support. S/he will expand and diversify Educate Girls’ donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, s/he will work closely with Educate Girls’ international Board of Directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role. It is expected that the amount raised by Educate Girls in the United States will increase in future years as the Senior Development Manager systematically and effectively strengthens the
organization’s overall fundraising capacity.
• Support and partner with the Development Director / Executive Director and the Board Members on all major fundraising initiatives
• Collaborate with the Development Director and the Director Finance to develop and implement Educate Girls’ financial strategy
• Actively work with the Development Director / Executive Director to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include institutional (corporate, foundation, trust) and individual funders.
• Oversee research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position Educate Girls ahead of major funding changes or trends
• Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders
• Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
• Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
• Identify, develop, and mentor the development team
Education and Work Experience
• 8-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
• Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
Required Skills, Abilities and Attitude
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
• Strong organizational skills
• Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
• Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Educate Girls
• High energy and passion for Educate Girls’ mission is essential
• Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
Reporting and Team Structure
The Senior Development Manager will report to the Development Director and Executive Director. S/he will work closely with the 4-member Development Team in Mumbai.
Time Commitment and Travel
This is a full-time role. The Senior Development Manager will be based out of United States and will be required to
travel to Mumbai head office and Educate Girls’ program sites twice in a year (maximum). To know more about Educate Girls and this role / to submit your resume, write to Sukrita Shinde firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date for receiving resumes Oct 15th 2016.