The most sought after social enterprise recognition in India – the Sankalp Social Enterprise Awards – announced winners in five sectors.
The awards were given at the Sankalp Forum, on April 17th.
The Winners for 2013 were:
- Barrix Agro Sciences in the Agriculture, Food & Rural Business category,
- Green Power Systems in the Clean Energy/Technology category,
- Best First Step Education/IQST in the Education & Vocational Training category,
- Banka Bio Loo in the Healthcare, Water & Sanitation category and
- Awaz De in the Technology for Development.
Awaz De also won the Sankalp-Artha Grand prize of USD 40,000, awarded by Audrey Selian from the Artha Platform.
InVenture won the second edition of DFID Samridhi-Sankalp Recognition for Women Empowerment.
Sakhi Unique Rural Enterprises won The Sankalp Forum and the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves’s Sankalp –Alliance Award for Innovation in Clean Cooking Solutions. Sakhi received a cash grant of USD 15,000 along with the opportunity to be considered for the Alliance’s Spark Fund.
Representatives from over 30 countries attended Sankalp.
To read more about the Award winners click here.